Last night I got a text from my sister that the early signs of labor were upon her.  Baby # 2 is due in exactly two weeks, but because her first was a cesarean she's scheduled for a c-section on the 18th instead.  She and the doctors decided that she could try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) if he came earlier but that she couldn't be in labor for too long for both their sake.

Babe and I are excited for a couple of reasons.  One is that once the baby is born, our older nephew gets to come home with us until my sister is home from the hospital.  So I've taken next Friday the 18th off and Babe the 21st and 22nd in case it goes that long.  We got lucky that they planned it for a Friday and we could take him over the weekend. He's already made special requests for when he's staying with us that I don't mind fulfilling.  J


Post a Comment