Keeping it in

Recently I've come to the realization that most people either don't want to or don't know how to support couples dealing with IF.  Maybe I notice it more because IF is such a huge part of my life that I expect it to be talked about more than it is.  When it comes to people who know the list includes only those close to us.  My siblings, Babe's brother and wife, our closest friends and Babe's cousin N.  Of the 9 people we've told four are pregnant, two just had a baby and one is trying.  I mention that because I think it explains why people aren't too keen on talking about IF. About 80% of them are in baby mode in one form or another which is a far cry from where we're at.

My sister for example was the only person I told about Friday's test.  I felt at that time that less and less people are interested in knowing what's going on so I stuck to her.  Since Friday she hasn't asked me about it at all.  The other people who are pregnant, seem to have stopped asking as soon as they announced their pregnancies.  Babe's cousin N was a person who went through some of her own IF struggles and in January told us at her parents anniversary party that she was expecting.  Since then I've only received the one text exchange where she said I was still pretty young.  And I swear I didn't even say anything mean in response. Our best friends J&C only asked up until the month before they conceived baby #2.  

I'm beginning to feel a little hurt by it recently.  I at least expected my best friends and my sister to check in on me more or at all.  Maybe the problem is me.  I do think about my IF on a daily basis and maybe I'm comparing it to that too much.  I don't know.  All I know is I think I need to lay off talking about it or at least offering information up to people.  I'll just end up more hurt they don't care.






0 comments:

Post a Comment