Book love

This week I started a pretty interesting book titled "Maze Runner".  From what I've been told, it's the first of a series and the basis of an upcoming movie which I really looking forward to see come alive.



Currently I'm about 100 pages from the end and the author is already doing a good job wrapping up.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when a book has so many holes that magically get filled in the last few pages.  It's taken so long to build up the plot and we're all supposed to believe that it all fits together nicely.  So far, that hasn't happened. Hopefully this book makes it to the end without falling in that trap.

Since I'm known to read books on the dark and depressing side, I've decided that I'll break it up by throwing in light, girly reading in between.  It's been nice catching up the books I inherited from my mother-in-law.  The last one was "Love the One You're With" but I've yet to decide on my next.  I just know I need to make it good because the one after that will be a 700+ page horror/mystery novel "House of Leaves".  I'm part intrigued and part nervous to start something that skimming through it looks so bizarre.  I'll have to post pictures of it when I start reading.  

Anyway, crossing my fingers I'll want to read on in this series.  







0 comments:

Post a Comment