Read on

At the beginning of the year I decided I was going to join the Goodreads book challenge to read 12 books this year. Usually one book a month isn't a difficult accomplishment for me.  Unfortunately at the beginning of the year I was still reading A Dance With Dragons, book 5 of the Song of Ice and Fire (better known as Game of Thrones) series. That damn book, which is amazing I might add, took me 4 months to finish.  

After taking a small hiatus to quilt, I decided to work on my goal.  So almost half way through the year I've now completed a total of 4 books.  Of course I'm way behind on my goal.  So to catch up I'm on to the next one.  This one is actually from my mother-in-laws collection that I inherited.  We just recently got around to unpacking them and it seemed as good a time as any to pick it up.  I've read this authors debut novel and though well written didn't care much for it.  Still I thought I'd give it another try.  So my book this month...


It did after all win a Pulitzer prize but more importantly a spot on Oprah's Book Club list.  Should be good.






0 comments:

Post a Comment