Next

Yesterday afternoon I finished my book, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children".  What I thought started out as an interesting story turned out to be just okay.  The last couple of chapters confused me a little bit and made me lose interest.  What I disliked more than that though, which I'm sure most people loved about the novel, was the fact that all the pictures used in it were real.  The author Ransom Riggs actually procured a ton of photographs from different people and used them throughout the story.  After reading about them, it made the book feel less genuine.

So instead of rushing off to buy the sequel I think I'm going to move on to something else.  Right now I have a list of books ready to be bought and read.  They include "And the Mountains Echoed", "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet", "The Distant Hours", "The Thirteenth Tale", "The Westing Game", "Before I Fall", "The Glass Castle", "Sinister Shorts", "The Kitchen House", "The Road" and "Gerald's Game".  Now if only I can get going to make my challenge of 12 books this year.  I mean I still have 10 more to go!






0 comments:

Post a Comment