The last couple of cycles I've been going through this weird thing were I spot, sometimes heavily, up to two weeks before my period.  Just when I think I understand my cycles, something always comes up.  I'm expecting to start my period on Friday but I've been spotting since last Tuesday.  I wish I had asked my doctor to take hormone level tests to see if I have an imbalance.  Oh wait, I already did that.

Of course looking up all my symptoms on WebMD is a total bust.  Apparently I could possibly have one of the following illnesses: 

  • Endometriosis
  • Miscarriage
  • Ovarian cysts
  • Premature labor (of course)
  • Vaginitis (what the hell is that?)
  • PCOS
  • Chlamydia (I guess if we're covering all our bases, STD's shouldn't be left out)
  • PMS
  • UTI
  • Fibroids
  • Cancer
  • Foreign object in the vagina (I'm not even going to go there)

Never mind the fact that almost every PMS symptom can also double as a pregnancy symptom and I find myself peeing on anything that looks remotely like a stick.  Of course then I have to explain to Babe why there's a pregnancy test on the counter anytime he uses my bathroom.  Couldn't God have made us with indicator lights?  I would save a lot of money not freaking myself out thinking I'm experiencing premature labor and avoid the L&D when it's really just a foreign object in the vagina.

Tune in tomorrow when we discuss what Vaginitis is.


0 comments:

Post a Comment