Busy, busy, busy

It's Monday and I'm reluctantly back at work with a case of the "wish-the-weekend-was-longer" blues.  It was amazing in so many different ways.  The only thing that could have been better was seeing our best friends and spending time with my mom.  But I've vowed to do that all very soon.

Friday I received an early morning phone call from my sister.  At first I was a little perturbed since both Babe and I were asleep and I was excited about sleeping in.  Unfortunately sleeping in for me was to crash for another 15-30 minutes before returning her call.  Apparently she had scheduled a doctors appointment at the same time my nephew has his swim lessons.  Since Babe and I were the cause of him ditching last week, I figured it would be a good excuse to make the 30 mile drive to Pasadena to spend the morning with him.  It was a short trip but I'm so glad I made it.  The drive was definitely worth seeing that little face and hearing all his goofy stories.  Then later that day as I was running errands I got a text from my father-in-law asking if I wanted to see a movie with him since I had the day off.  We went to see Lucy which was ridiculous and not in a urban dictionary sort of way.  Once Babe was home, we made a last minute decision to go have dinner with some friends and visit a few breweries.  We started off in Anaheim at Noble Aleworks and found our way to Bottle Logic.  Although the guys were great at the first, Bottle Logic was definitely my favorite of the two.  They had a really nice selection in ales and great atmosphere.  

Our only plans for Saturday were to get up early and go yard-saling to look for a treadmill.  After 3 hours, no luck and picking up my father-in-law to join us on our quest, we finally stopped to have breakfast.  With nothing else to do we ran some fun errands to Home Depot and Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Let me tell you something about me.  Shopping for clothes is not my thing.  I can however shop for hours and spend hundreds in a home improvement store.  I've even been known to go 9 different times in one week to finish a project.  I LOVE IT!  Anyway, we walked out with a cart full of stuff for the yard and around the house which I promptly began to work on as soon as we got home.  The rest of the day consisted of swimming, lounging around the house, trying out a new Thai joint by our house (which reminds me I have to review on Yelp) and watching Netflix shows to our hearts content.  And holy Blackfish!  That was just as awful as The Cove.  If you don't know what I'm talking about look it up.  

The next morning we got to work cleaning the house to have Babe's dad, brother and his family over to swim.  It was fun getting to play with the kids and catch up with everyone all together.  By the time they left, Babe and I were hungry and exhausted.  

Now I'm sitting here having husband withdrawals and planning the next month of weekends.  Oh yeah, and searching the web for Beagle rescues trying to convince my husband.  


Post a Comment