It may be over but it's not over

Thank you all for visiting my blog in the last week.  I've realized more than ever that our support system rocks and E & I are incredibly blessed.  As I mentioned, I came out officially on Facebook even though I was insanely nervous.  It couldn't have gone better.  Immediately we were inundated with comments, personal messages, texts and emails from so many of our friends and family showing their love and support.  I think it touched a lot of people more than I was ever anticipating.  Other than a few adoption comments which was a great platform to educate, NIAW for us was a success.  

If you haven't been following the movement, just do a quick search of #NIAW on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.  I've found a few more amazing blogs because of it this week.  Also, check back on Resolve's 2015 Bloggers Unite Blogroll.  A lot of my favorites participated and I was able to find a few more because of it.  Also see how you can participate in upcoming events such as Advocacy Day or a Walk of Hope in your area.  National Infertility Awareness Week may be over but there's still so much more work to be done.  

In the midst of all of it we are still trekking towards our IUI in less than a month.  Babe and I had completed our blood work almost as quickly as they provided the order.  Then on Thursday I was informed that my RE didn't complete the order like they should have and had to request I get more blood work done right away.  I'm trying not to get frustrated with them but I must admit it's becoming difficult.  My concern is that something will have been missed and because this is our first time we won't know until it's too late.  I was just hoping that since spontaneous conception isn't in the cards for us that this experience would be a little more positive.  Hopefully going forward it can be.


0 comments:

Post a Comment