I'm back from a short hiatus in which Babe had to get his two bottom wisdom teeth removed.  Thankfully it all went well and he's doing as good as can be expected.  Now I have some catching up to do.  

The past weekend was as usual busy.  We finished (or I should really be say Babe finished) 3 house projects by Saturday.  We cleared out an old desk and reorganized our filing, then he installed shelving in my sewing room closet and reorganized the garage.  My job was to clean up after him.  Then on Sunday we went to my brother and sister-in-laws house to celebrate my sweet nephews 3rd birthday.  

Monday before Babe's appointment, I went to get blood work drawn that my PCP ordered.  This was to check my glucose levels since I've been off of Metformin for about a year.  We couldn't figure out why my last PCP took me off of it and we wanted to be sure it was the right decision.  Today I got the results and was told my levels are just slightly elevated, much better than before, and that it was my choice if I wanted to go back on the Metformin.  I decided since I wasn't going to be on Clomid with my gynecologist that I would take the minimum dosage of Metformin to help with my blood sugar and fertility.  Hopefully that helps things along as well.  

As time goes on I've noticed one thing about myself.  I've noticed that I have a new hope in medicine which I haven't had in a long time.  I'm getting excited for my HSG and now the thought of taking the Metformin.  What's funny is I still have about 2 1/2 weeks before my next period is expected to start and I can even schedule my HSG.  At that time we will have been trying for a year and 6 months yet I feel like things are just beginning for us.  I know in my head there are no guarantees any of this will work.  It's just such a relief to be working towards something and not twiddling my thumbs at home waiting.

So tonight after work I'm going to pick up my new prescription, go home, take care of my husband and do some quilting.  It's a good life I lead.  Some days it's hard and some days I can't breath but most days I love it and am looking forward to the next big adventure.  






0 comments:

Post a Comment