On to the next one

It's taken a while but I've finally finished In Cold Blood on my way back from NY.  Although it was an interesting read, I didn't care much for Capote's way of story telling.  If you're not familiar with it, it's the story of the Clutter family murders and how unnecessary (I don't know if that's the right word to use) it was.  A family, believed to hold large sums of cash in their home, was murdered by two men trying to make the perfect score. Then following the murderers in the aftermath up to and including their trial and subsequent hanging.  At times it almost felt as thought the writer was trying to gain sympathy for one murderer in particular.  I know many people who have had a rough life growing up and get irritated about the excuses that are made for poor decision making.

But now I've started the next one in line and am super intrigued.  It's called The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.  It's fun reading about other readers and their passion for it.  Book Thief had the same effect on me. This one has me wanting to get to the end as quickly as possible and at the same time not read to fast so as not to miss any little detail.  I'm already halfway through it so given enough time, will probably finish it by the end of the week.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment